Can’t visit the Farm today? Check out what the fields look like with the map and the crops that the Farm grows on a regular basis.
Davidson Farm: Farmer’s Market
What you might find at the Market
- Beans: Green, Haricot Vert, Yellow, Burgundy, Chinese Long, Soybeans, Black
- Melons: Watermelon, Cantalope, Canary, Honeydew
- Okra-Green & Burgundy
- Peppers: Green, Red, Cayenne, Thai, Poblano, Minibell, Pimiento
- Squash: Summer, Zucchini, Butternut, Acorn, Spaghetti
- Tomatoes: Grape, Slicers, Heirlooms, Roma
- Basil, Parsley, Dill, Rosemary, Marjoram, Lemon Grass, Chives, Scallions
- Lettuce: Romaine, Leaf, & Baby Mix
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Snow Peas
- Snapdragons, Tulips, Daffodils
Community Supported Agriculture
Davidson Farm CSA
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture but at Davidson it stands for Cats Supported Agriculture. Over the summer of 2015, the Davidson Farm started its first CSA program. 10 people were allowed to sign up for the first trial run. Every week, the Farm sent out a box of produce harvested from that week to those that signed up and a newsletter detailing what was happening at the Farm that week. The picture to the right is an example of one of the boxes sent out to participants.
In a true sustainable manner, all the boxes were from Commons’ tomato deliveries to cut down on the cost of packaging and the environmental impact of tossed packaging. Each week the participants returned the box and jars for the cut flowers so everything could be refilled. The first summer was a huge success and the program will continue to expand in the future.